Retreat in Daily Life
Retreat in Daily Life
hosted by the International Anglican Church
December 3 – December 9, 2017
A week-long opportunity for busy people to find spiritual rest and renewal
in their daily schedule.
What is a Retreat in Daily Life?
This week-long session gives you the opportunity to experience a contemplative retreat with daily spiritual direction, without traveling to a retreat center and leaving your daily routine
You will be taught different prayer styles and forms, provided with Scripture to use in prayer, and given a daily session with a spiritual director. The spiritual direction that you will receive is not counseling, but is similar in that it takes place during a one-on-one conversation, and does often result in healing.
Spiritual direction is about listening to our inner movements as we read, reflect and meditate on Scripture. It is about the ancient art of spiritual listening, one to another. For centuries men and women, both lay and ordained, have been recognized as having a specific calling to help others draw closer to God. They are gifted in the movement of the Spirit and helping us discern where God is present and working in our lives.
A group of spiritual directors will guide us through this retreat. They come from a variety of denominations, each with the call to spiritual direction.
More information on our spiritual directors coming soon!
What will my participation look like?
• Attend an Orientation on Sunday, March 16 from 6-8 pm at IAC
• Attend a Closure Celebration on Saturday, March 22 from 4-6 pm at the International Anglican Church
• Each day spend 30 minutes in directed prayer as provided by your spiritual director
• From Monday to Friday, meet with your spiritual director for 30-45 minutes each day during one of three flexible time slots. These meetings will take place at IAC, the Annex offices, or a mutually agreed upon space with your director.
Who is this for?
If you can identify with any of the following, this week might be helpful to you:
• I long to know Jesus more deeply, especially in this Lenten season.
• Meditation is something that I have always been interested in. How do I meditate on the Scriptures?
• I only pray in church. I would love to be able to pray throughout the week.
• My work life is one thing and my Christian life another. How do I bring them closer together?
• I need to pray about a situation towards which I feel resentment or bitterness
• There is a situation or decision in my life that I need discernment and wisdom about
• God feels so distant, but Scripture says that God is also close. I would like to experience that.
• I feel like my prayer life is one-way, I’m wondering why I don’t hear from God.
• Silence is hard for me, but I know I need more of it. I need help and structure.
Retreatants can expect to:
• Learn more about prayer and various prayer forms
• Learn about spiritual direction
• Discover what it is like to share your spiritual journey with another person
• Experience a different prayer rhythm in your life
• Deepen your sense of community
• Experience the refreshment that retreat time offers
Registration Fee: $100 by cash or check payable to IAC. Please write RDL on the memo line.
A limited number of partial scholarships are available. Please speak with Tara Owens for details.
Please return your form and payment on or before March 12, 2014.
Listen to what people who have attended the RDL say about their experience
of the Retreat In Daily Life:
Listen to what spiritual directors say about their experience of the Retreat In Daily Life:
Space is extremely limited,
please register early in order to avoid disappointment.
For more information, or to reserve a space, please email Tara Owens at
tara at anamcara dot com.
To register, please download this Registration Form and return it via email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.