More About Tara
More About Tara
So, you’re interested in learning more about me? Well, you’ve come to the right place.
First, my credentials. You’ll find those on the FAQ page as well, but I might as well get the official stuff out of the way first.
Undergrad: BA (Honors) in English and Political Studies from Queen’s University, Canada
Grad: MTS (Spiritual Formation) from Tyndale Seminary
Certified Spiritual Director (CSD): Canadian Professional Council of Certificiation
Spiritual Directors International
Spiritual Direction Colorado
Tyndale Association of Spiritual Directors
At the bottom of this page, you’ll find links to some articles that I’ve written that have been published in publications such as Presence and Conversations Journal, if you’d like to learn more about me through my writing.
Now that we’ve gotten more of the ‘official’ details out of the way, we can get down to some of the more interesting (or irrelevant) details about me.
• I’m married with three adult step-children, a grandson and a niece.
• I’ve been involved in prayer ministry, healing prayer and deliverance ministry
• I’ve taken a flying trapeze class, and thoroughly enjoyed it (despite being somewhat terrified)
• My life verses in Scripture are Matthew 6:33, Luke 4:18-19 and Colossians 1:27
• I was an amateur boxer for eight years and learned a great deal spiritually from that time
• I dislike olives
• I’ve traveled to more than 10 different countries
• I believe in the healing power of creativity in our lives—that we have been given a mandate to create and play
• I’ve been to Ephesus
• My husband is my best friend, soul companion and Pass the Pigs rival
• One of the most profound times I’ve had spiritually was sitting in silence with God for nearly three hours
• A few of my favorite authors: CS Lewis, St. Francis, Madeleine L’Engle
• I’ve had a heart attack and understand the journey that happens both spiritually and physically when we heal
• I have a particular passion for the intersections of sexuality and spirituality
• My favorite color is blue
If there is anything else you’d like to know about me, you’re welcome to ask. I’d love to hear from you.